Friday, September 9, 2011

Fall, oh how I love thee...

This is home. Well, technically its a couple of miles away, but this is what it will look like all around the Truckee Meadows in just a few short weeks. Our weather is still acting like summer with above average temps, but its only a matter of time. Already some of the trees in the upper elevation neighborhoods are starting to sport a little color. Autumn is by far my favorite time of year. I love the mild weather, open windows, garden harvest, changing colors and the cooking. Oh, the cooking that happens in our kitchen this time of year. But that is for another post. 

This one, its all about what has been inspiring me this year. I think of my home as an autumnal home. Lots of browns, golds, oranges, greens and reds all year long. I tried to mix it up and lighten and brighten a little this summer, but my comfort zone is definitely with the fall colors. It just feels right. Do you know what I mean?

So, without further ado...
the inspired room

martha stewart

joyful bride

southern living

sherryturley.blogspot

Its kind of funny. I'm noticing something about myself. Lanterns, candles, books. Things I keep around me all year long, but we put a different spin on it all for fall. Don't we? A few leaves, a couple of pumpkins, maybe a raven or two when we get a little closer to all hallows eve. No Halloween yet. Its not allowed. It must be October before we can do Halloween. Its difficult. Halloween is fun and the kids love it, so does Mr Shawn. But I think I should bring fall in slowly. Begin with a hint and work my up. 

How do you bring in fall? What inspires you? Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment