Monday, November 28, 2011

A Simple Christmas Morning

Do you ever feel like you are just trying too darned hard? I know I definitely have a tendency to fall into that trap. This year I have vowed to simplify a few things. Christmas morning was first on my list. No fancy breakfast that takes me half the morning to get on the table. Hopefully we will have fresh powder waiting for us. I want to hit that early lift and get some fresh tracks in. This is how I envision our Christmas morning table will look. 


An easy, casual set up that will invite a little morning conversation over coffee and a light breakfast before hitting the slopes for the day.


And a little inspiration at each place setting to remember that it is a day to believe and give cheer.


What does all of this have to do with a simple table setting? Nothing, except that I plan on displaying these little treasures in my kitchen. This is a small percentage of the projects the kids have brought home over the years on that glorious last day of school before the holidays. I usually line them up on my kitchen window sill, but that space has plans...or I have plans for it. Whatever. Either way, these small tokens of childhood are getting a new home. I will share what I have in mid for them soon.

Sharing at:

The Lettered Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment