Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Captain Jack

Inspiration


Yep, I can do that. But how to do it for almost nothing?

Lets start from the top and work our way down, shall we? Painful I know. hehe.

First up, the hat.


This is where we began, but Jack's hat isn't black and it sure doesn't have gold on it, but the shape is spot on and its not flimsy. VERY important when you plan on galavanting across the high seas. This thing has survived the Kracken, remember?

Inspiration...



Like I said, not black and definitely no gold. A little creative painting and we got this.



I couldn't believe how much craft paint the fabric absorbed, it just did not want to cooperate.  I finally called it good enough. Sometimes that works, sometimes not. Mr Shawn is happy, so this time it works. I wish it would have been a little bit lighter. Maybe next year I will tackle it once again. 

Next up? The hair mate.





No comments:

Post a Comment