Tuesday, January 10, 2012

HGTV Dream Home Inspiration Part III

Howdy All! Welcome to part three of Sagebrush Ridge's first series. I thought we could all find inspiration in HGTV's 2012 Dream Home that could actually be used in our own spaces. If you missed the first two, you can see them here and here. Now, onward! Today is all about the private spaces. Ones we can call all our own, the bedroom suites.


Miss K called this room as hers immediately! She loved the soft femininity of the entire room, without having a lick of pink in sight!


If you have the space, a sofa or hall table would make a fantastic bedside table. Lots of room for all of your bedside essentials with room to spare for pretty display. These frames hung low, below the windows are such a great idea too. What a wonderful way to bring your own personal touch to your bedside. Miss K would have her Disney drawing collection in here in a heart beat!


I've never been a big fan of table lamps taking up valuable real estate on the little bit of space most rooms have n the night stands. The pendant lights are the perfect solution. My only question is, Do I have to get out of bed to switch them off? As long as there are two switches, one being next to the bed, we are set!


I might have to attempt to duplicate this as my next craft...


THis is in the hall leading to the bedroom. Notice the color? Its pretty darned close to Pantone's Color of 2012, Tangerine Tango. Interesting...


I love the contrast of the modern drawer hardware, with the slightly distressed, painted cabinetry in the adjoining bath.


In the second bedroom's bath, they utilized the same hardware, but a darker cabinetry finish. It gives it a more masculine feel. Which is fine, although I liked the other finish better.


Bedroom two just doesn't do much for me. I like the simple bed stead and the comforter pattern. 



And the frames awaiting personal inserts...But the rest?


Eh. Maybe its too geometric for me? I don't know. I think its missing charming details...There isn't anything here that inspires me to replicate it or seek something similar.


The Master is a different story...


I love the colors in here. Its warm and inviting. The coppers, taupes, and bits of green are perfect.


There's an organic quality in most of the room's details. The chandy, the candle sconces flanking the bathroom door...


Even the bedside table and its accessories offer it up. Its clean, yet rustic and pretty.


Now, that green in the adjoining sitting are is a bit much for me.


Especially paired with the gray baseboards that are throughout the house.


Otherwise the room serves me well. Hubby especially liked the leather love seat. I love the coffee table. I want it for my family room. They managed the same organic qualities that have enamored me in the rest of the house in here as well. And the barn doors are to die for! Our previous hoe had the perfect spot for these, but you couldn't find the hardware without paying a small ransom for it. Now that you can easily find the hardware, I don't have a spot they would work in. Boo, hoo.\


Instead of pulling the apple green out of this fabric for the walls, I would have chosen the copper or taupe. Just sayin'


Yep, a copper or taupe on the walls would be a much better transition in the color story. I love the chandy up here too. Its a great statement piece as you enter the loft.


See?! They brought the copper into the bathroom. I might have to utilize these glass tiles to frame our builder mirrors in our master bath.They are so pretty.


I think I'll just take up residence in that tub. NO need for inspiration for my own home. I'm gonna win this one! Ya right. See you tomorrow with the final installment.






















No comments:

Post a Comment