Tuesday, September 20, 2011

More Book Crafting

When I cleaned out the cluster room, I came across a number of older books that were no longer in use. I don't like throwing things out that still have a use left in them. Sometimes that means a trip to the local charity, other times the seemingly useless item will sit in my master closet until I come up with something. 

Last week I posted about one of the uses I found for those poor books. I began with one that was still in pretty good shape and made my little pumpkin. If you missed how I did it, you can see it here.
I've also been working with a couple of books that are falling apart, as in the pages are falling out! It was so sad. I just HAD to find a new life for them, especially the dictionary that I am pretty sure followed me through my school days. Lockers, backpacks, and dusty ol' book cases can be hard on a dictionary. Not to mention the umpteen moves from state to state, city to city, and house to house. That dictionary has stories to tell. I couldn't send it to its grave. 


No tutorial this time, sorry. Its pretty straight forward though...

First I have to tell you where I found the graphics. I'm sure you all know her already, but her blog was new to me. A special THANK YOU to The Graphic Fairy. Her site is amazing and the inspiration is never ending. Seriously, if you haven't checked her out, please do so. My mind is spinning with endless possibilities.

Okay, back to my dictionary artwork...

Basically I pasted the dictionary pages onto a regular piece of printer paper with a normal every day glue stick and ran it through my printer, printing these images directly onto the pages.  I found it helpful to first print the images onto regular paper so that I knew where to place the dictionary pages. Then, I cut around the edges of the dictionary page and mounted them into a mat ad frame I had sitting in that very same closet. I should take a picture, you would probably enjoy laughing at the messiest room in my house. 


Its something like this. I'll let your imagination take it from there. 

Despite the sorry state of my closet, I am quite happy with this little project. I'll have pictures of it in its home  just as soon as I figure out what to do in that last empty frame...

It's always something

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute, thanks for the tut on how you did it :)

    ReplyDelete