Thursday, March 15, 2012

Indecision

Am I the only one that can't make up their mind? That doesn't know exactly what she wants to do with her home?

You would think after living here for more than five years, that the house would have made its sense of style obvious. That each room would have screamed at me what needed to be done to make it perfect. I can't say a single room has done that for me. I think I have an idea of what I want to do and about the time I get around to implementing it, I change my mind...

Please tell me I am not the only one to suffer from this!

Here is what I do know...(not much)

That I want to lighten up my color schemes. I'm tired of red and dark brown and gold. So I've been subtracting. I've replaced it with more cream, spring green and tan. 

I also know that I want to keep my leather couch and big comfy chairs and the heavy World Market tables. I also know that I won't be replacing any of our other furniture any time soon. Its all less than ten years old and I have two gentle giants and two teens. The boys (the Bernese Mountain Dog and the Landseer Newfoundland) and the girls (Miss K and Miss H) aren't exactly easy on furniture. Replacing later makes much more sense. KWIM?

What is the point of all my rambling?!

What I'm trying to say is that I have been taking the time since we finished Willy Wonka to attempt to reach some decisions. Changes are coming. That is a guarantee. What exactly will be changing? Not so sure. 

To help my decision making process, I thought I would post what is inspiring me out there and explain my thought process of integrating the looks with what I already have. 

Sounds like I might be doing a short series over the next couple of weeks.

And then, I want to show you how I actually do it. But I have to make up my mind what to do first. 

Oh bother!

Stick with me guys...

Here are a couple of pin boards I found out there that I have liked the overall feel of. Jumping pints maybe?

I like the dark woods with the grays and tans for the master bedroom.

But I like the fabric swatch in this one better. The chandy too.


Here, its the world traveled feel in the living room I like. But I'd want to brighten this up. Take out the animal theme.

Add in some rustic elements and word art and maybe a fab fabric like this:


The question remains....would it all work together?









No comments:

Post a Comment